Ask Student Connect

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Simply enter your question below and click "Ask."

Closest match to your question:

How do I apply as a transfer student?

If you are studying, or have studied, at another post-secondary institution, you can apply to the University of Alberta as a transfer student.

Apply online using our undergraduate Admission Application Form

As a transfer applicant, you’ll need to provide final, official transcripts from all institutions you have attended – both post-secondary and high school (if required). 

If you are applying before your semester/courses are complete (before March 15), and your final, official transcript is not yet available, you can instead submit an unofficial transcript or report indicating your final Fall-semester coursework, along with your in-progress Winter-semester coursework. You will be evaluated based on your unofficial transcript, but your final, official transcript will still be required once it becomes available.

For more information, including Transfer Credit agreements, see our Transfer Applicants webpage.

How helpful was this answer?

Still haven't found the answer you're looking for?

Contact Student Connect using our online form.

Student Connect

Student Connect provides services from the Office of the Registrar to current and prospective undergraduate and graduate students. Services are provided online, by phone, and in person.
Learn more »


Email: Contact Form »
Phone: 780.492.3113
Toll-Free: 1.855.492.3113
Fax: 780.492.7172

If you need your CCID password reset, please call or visit us as we will need to verify your identity over the phone or in person.

Mailing Address:
Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6G 2M7

Office Hours (MST):
Monday - Tuesday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Thursday - Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.

Closed for all Canadian public holidays and other university closures.