Ask Student Connect

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Simply enter your question below and click "Ask."

Closest match to your question:

How will a scholarship affect my taxes?

Taxes will not be deducted from your award payment. You will receive a T4A slip for these funds to be used with your next tax return. If you have received a scholarship, award, or bursary from the Office of the Registrar (Student Financial Support), you will receive a T4A from the Office of the Registrar, which will be available in your Bear Tracks, under "Financials", by the end of February. In order to access your T4As in Bear Tracks, you will need to provide your consent for electronic delivery. This can also be done in Bear Tracks.

If you received funding from another university department or an external sponsor, please direct your inquiry to the department organization that issued the funding.

If you received funding from Human Resource Services, please contact HRS directly.

Please visit Tax Forms for more information.

How helpful was this answer?

Still haven't found the answer you're looking for?

Contact Student Connect using our online form.

Student Connect

Student Connect provides services from the Office of the Registrar to current and prospective undergraduate and graduate students. Services are provided online, by phone, and in person.
Learn more »


Email: Contact Form »
Phone: 780.492.3113
Toll-Free: 1.855.492.3113
Fax: 780.492.7172

If you need your CCID password reset, please call or visit us as we will need to verify your identity over the phone or in person.

Mailing Address:
Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6G 2M7

Office Hours (MST):
Monday - Tuesday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Thursday - Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.

Closed for all Canadian public holidays and other university closures.