Ask Student Connect

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Simply enter your question below and click "Ask."

Closest match to your question:

How do I declare or change my major or minor?

You can declare the major or minor you would like to pursue on your Undergraduate Application for Admission, Readmission or Internal Transfer.  For some general programs, you may select “Undeclared” and decide on an area of study at a later date. In some instances you may see “Not Applicable” as a major; this is usually the case when the degree is highly specialized and it is not logical to declare an area of study. For more information on the majors or minors offered in our programs, visit our Programs and Requirements search tool.

Once you have submitted your application, you can change your major or minor up until the start of the term you have applied for. To do so, please contact Student Connect to request a Program Change Form. After the start of the term, if want to change your major or minor, you will need to contact your faculty.

How helpful was this answer?

Still haven't found the answer you're looking for?

Contact Student Connect using our online form.

Student Connect

Student Connect provides services from the Office of the Registrar to current and prospective undergraduate and graduate students. Services are provided online, by phone, and in person.
Learn more »


Email: Contact Form »
Phone: 780.492.3113
Toll-Free: 1.855.492.3113
Fax: 780.492.7172

If you need your CCID password reset, please call or visit us as we will need to verify your identity over the phone or in person.

Mailing Address:
Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6G 2M7

Office Hours (MST):
Monday - Tuesday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Thursday - Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.

Closed for all Canadian public holidays and other university closures.