Ask Student Connect

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Simply enter your question below and click "Ask."

Closest match to your question:

Why is there a hold on my account?

All students are expected to clear any outstanding financial holds from their records in a timely manner. If you have a financial hold (i.e. a fine) on your record, you will not be able to:

  • Register for classes
  • Obtain or order your official transcripts
  • Obtain your degree parchment
  • Obtain or order your Certificate of Degree

You are advised to clear the hold on your record with the appropriate department(s) as soon as possible. Please note that depending on a department's resources, the hold may not clear off your record for one to two business days. Keep this in mind when add/drop deadlines are approaching. During resolution, you may wish to inform the department that you need to register, so that department staff can clear the fine off your record as soon as possible.

For more information, see Clearing Holds on your Record.

How helpful was this answer?

Still haven't found the answer you're looking for?

Contact Student Connect using our online form.

Student Connect

Student Connect provides services from the Office of the Registrar to current and prospective undergraduate and graduate students. Services are provided online, by phone, and in person.
Learn more »


Email: Contact Form »
Phone: 780.492.3113
Toll-Free: 1.855.492.3113
Fax: 780.492.7172

If you need your CCID password reset, please call or visit us as we will need to verify your identity over the phone or in person.

Mailing Address:
Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6G 2M7

Office Hours (MST):
Monday - Tuesday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Thursday - Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.

Closed for all Canadian public holidays and other university closures.