Ask Student Connect

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Simply enter your question below and click "Ask."

Closest match to your question:

How can I change my program choice on my application?

New applicants: 
If you wish to change the program choices on your application after you’ve applied, you will need to fill out the Admission Application Program Change form. You can submit this form via the online contact form, or fax it to 780-492-7172, or drop it off at Student Connect during business hours. For more information about program change requests, please see the notes on the form itself.

Continuing & returning students:
If you wish to change the program choices on your application after you’ve applied, the process for doing so will depend on what new program you are requesting. In some cases, you will need to submit another new application and again pay the $75 application fee. In other cases, you can submit a Program Change Request Form. To find out which process will apply to you, contact us indicating your new program choice, and an advisor will respond, usually within 1-2 business days.

How helpful was this answer?

Still haven't found the answer you're looking for?

Contact Student Connect using our online form.

Student Connect

Student Connect provides services from the Office of the Registrar to current and prospective undergraduate and graduate students. Services are provided online, by phone, and in person.
Learn more »


Email: Contact Form »
Phone: 780.492.3113
Toll-Free: 1.855.492.3113
Fax: 780.492.7172

If you need your CCID password reset, please call or visit us as we will need to verify your identity over the phone or in person.

Mailing Address:
Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6G 2M7

Office Hours (MST):
Monday - Tuesday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Thursday - Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.

Closed for all Canadian public holidays and other university closures.