Ask Student Connect

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Simply enter your question below and click "Ask."

Closest match to your question:

Am I covered by the University of Alberta's health and dental plan?

If you are a full-time or part-time undergraduate student taking a minimum of 3 credits in the Fall or Winter Term, you are automatically covered by the Students’ Union Health & Dental Plan. This coverage includes health, dental, vision, and travel benefits, as well as tuition insurance.

If you wish to opt out of this coverage and avoid paying the fee, visit during the change-of-coverage period. Note that you must opt out annually if you do not want coverage. 

For more information, including how to add family members to your coverage, please visit or contact the SU Member Services Centre.

How helpful was this answer?

Still haven't found the answer you're looking for?

Contact Student Connect using our online form.

Student Connect

Student Connect provides services from the Office of the Registrar to current and prospective undergraduate and graduate students. Services are provided online, by phone, and in person.
Learn more »


Email: Contact Form »
Phone: 780.492.3113
Toll-Free: 1.855.492.3113
Fax: 780.492.7172

If you need your CCID password reset, please call or visit us as we will need to verify your identity over the phone or in person.

Mailing Address:
Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6G 2M7

Office Hours (MST):
Monday - Tuesday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Thursday - Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.

Closed for all Canadian public holidays and other university closures.