Ask Student Connect

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Simply enter your question below and click "Ask."

Closest match to your question:

How will my transfer credits be assessed?

If you are transferring from another post-secondary institution, you must first apply to the University of Alberta in order to have your transcripts assessed; we do not provide preliminary assessments.

Your application will first be evaluated to determine if you meet the admission requirements, including language proficiency; if you meet the requirements, your transcripts will then be assessed for possible transfer credit.

The amount of transfer credit granted depends on how applicable the previous coursework is the particular degree program to which you have applied. A maximum of *60 (credits) or equivalent (e.g., 10 full courses or 20 half courses) may be granted toward an undergraduate degree program.

Once credit has been assessed and granted, you will see it reflected in Bear Tracks. Click on Application Status > Transfer Credit to see all credit granted towards your program.

For further details, see the Postsecondary Transfer Applicants section in the University Calendar.

How helpful was this answer?

Still haven't found the answer you're looking for?

Contact Student Connect using our online form.

Student Connect

Student Connect provides services from the Office of the Registrar to current and prospective undergraduate and graduate students. Services are provided online, by phone, and in person.
Learn more »


Email: Contact Form »
Phone: 780.492.3113
Toll-Free: 1.855.492.3113
Fax: 780.492.7172

If you need your CCID password reset, please call or visit us as we will need to verify your identity over the phone or in person.

Mailing Address:
Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6G 2M7

Office Hours (MST):
Monday - Tuesday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Thursday - Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.

Closed for all Canadian public holidays and other university closures.