Ask Student Connect

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Simply enter your question below and click "Ask."

Closest match to your question:

How can I apply to the Engineering Program?

The University of Alberta accepts applications for admission from post­-secondary transfer students and high school students.  

All students admitted from high school enter into the qualifying year to study the fundamentals of engineering, regardless of which discipline the student plans to pursue.  See admission requirements to the Faculty of Engineering for high school applicants.

The opportunity to transfer into an undergraduate program in the Faculty of Engineering, either from an external institution or from another faculty, is limited.  For more information about transferring into the Faculty of Engineering, see Transfer Students.

For additional inquiries, please visit the Faculty of Engineering Undergraduate Studies page for more information.

How helpful was this answer?

Still haven't found the answer you're looking for?

Contact Student Connect using our online form.

Student Connect

Student Connect provides services from the Office of the Registrar to current and prospective undergraduate and graduate students. Services are provided online, by phone, and in person.
Learn more »


Email: Contact Form »
Phone: 780.492.3113
Toll-Free: 1.855.492.3113
Fax: 780.492.7172

If you need your CCID password reset, please call or visit us as we will need to verify your identity over the phone or in person.

Mailing Address:
Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6G 2M7

Office Hours (MST):
Monday - Tuesday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Thursday - Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.

Closed for all Canadian public holidays and other university closures.