Ask Student Connect

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Simply enter your question below and click "Ask."

Closest match to your question:

How can I get into Dental Hygiene at the University of Alberta?

There is no direct entry from high school into the Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene Specialization program. To obtain a BSc Dental Hygiene Specialization, you must first complete a general year of university study and present the following university-level courses: English, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Sociology, Psychology, Statistics, Cell Biology, and Options. Once you have obtained these courses, you can apply to the BSc Dental Hygiene Specialization program for the next three years to complete your degree. 

Most high school applicants typically apply to a general program such as a Bachelor of Science to obtain their prerequisite courses; however, students can enter any direct-entry faculty of their choice to complete the prerequisite courses required for Dental Hygiene. For more information on admission requirements for programs that offer direct entry from high school, see our Program Search tool.

How helpful was this answer?

Still haven't found the answer you're looking for?

Contact Student Connect using our online form.

Student Connect

Student Connect provides services from the Office of the Registrar to current and prospective undergraduate and graduate students. Services are provided online, by phone, and in person.
Learn more »


Email: Contact Form »
Phone: 780.492.3113
Toll-Free: 1.855.492.3113
Fax: 780.492.7172

If you need your CCID password reset, please call or visit us as we will need to verify your identity over the phone or in person.

Mailing Address:
Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6G 2M7

Office Hours (MST):
Monday - Tuesday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Thursday - Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.

Closed for all Canadian public holidays and other university closures.