Ask Student Connect

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Simply enter your question below and click "Ask."

Closest match to your question:

What is my Alberta Student Number (ASN)?

Each student who has attended, is attending, or has applied to an Alberta school is assigned a unique 9-digit Alberta Student Number (ASN). This number is different from numbers assigned to you as institution-specific ID numbers, and is tied to your educational record within the province of Alberta.


Applicants or current students who have already applied to a school in Alberta can locate their Alberta Student Number by entering the Learner Registry.


Applicants who have not yet applied or attended a school in Alberta will have an Alberta Student Number assigned to them automatically by the institution they apply to (in addition to the school-specific identifier also assigned to you). Prospective students new to Alberta can also request an Alberta Student Number through the Learner Registry prior to submitting an application to a school.


Any questions about your Alberta Student Number should be directed to Alberta Education. Questions about your University of Alberta Student ID Number should be directed to Student Connect.

How helpful was this answer?

Still haven't found the answer you're looking for?

Contact Student Connect using our online form.

Student Connect

Student Connect provides services from the Office of the Registrar to current and prospective undergraduate and graduate students. Services are provided online, by phone, and in person.
Learn more »


Email: Contact Form »
Phone: 780.492.3113
Toll-Free: 1.855.492.3113
Fax: 780.492.7172

If you need your CCID password reset, please call or visit us as we will need to verify your identity over the phone or in person.

Mailing Address:
Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6G 2M7

Office Hours (MST):
Monday - Tuesday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Thursday - Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.

Closed for all Canadian public holidays and other university closures.