Closest match to your question:
What do I do if I get an "error" message when registering for classes in Bear Tracks?
There may be multiple reasons why you are receiving an “error” message when attempting to register for classes in Bear Tracks. Within the "error" message you will see an explanation which will tell you why you are unable to register in your class. You may be able to address the “error” on your own, by asking yourself the following questions:
- Do I have a financial hold? For information about financial holds, visit clearing holds on your record.
- Is the class open to web registration? Classes not available for web registration will have either a “Class Note”, “Subject Note”, “Status Indicator”, or a comment in the consent field to indicate this. For assistance registering in a closed course, contact the teaching department in the faculty that administers the class.
- Is the class full? If the class is full, you can add the class to your “Watch List” in Bear Tracks; an email notification will be sent to your UAlberta email account when a spot becomes available so you can then attempt to register.
- Do I meet the prerequisites, corequisites, and restrictions? Information regarding prerequisites and corequisites can be found in the description section of the "Class Details" screen when you search for classes in Bear Tracks. Restriction information may be found under “Subject Notes”, “Class Notes”, and/or in the description.
- If there a time-conflict? The system protects you from creating timetable conflicts by not accepting registrations in sections which will overlap on your schedule.
- Have I been admitted to two programs? If so, you may need to change your program in Bear Tracks in order to register in your courses.
If you are still experiencing difficulties in registering for courses, contact Student Connect.
Still haven't found the answer you're looking for?
Contact Student Connect using our online form.