Ask Student Connect

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Simply enter your question below and click "Ask."

Closest match to your question:

Do you accept AP credits?

The University of Alberta recognizes students completing Advanced Placement (AP) classes. Students completing AP exams with a mark of 4 or 5 may be eligible for either transfer credit, advanced placement or credit by special assessment in a number of university-level courses.

Transfer credit is the most commonly awarded option. Transfer credit allows students to receive university-level credit for AP work completed in high school, resulting in fewer classes in their university course schedule and cost savings.

For a list of AP courses approved for transfer credit, advanced placement or credit by special assessment, please refer to the Equivalency Chart for AP Courses.

Visit Advanced Placement (AP) Students for further information.

How helpful was this answer?

Still haven't found the answer you're looking for?

Contact Student Connect using our online form.

Student Connect

Student Connect provides services from the Office of the Registrar to current and prospective undergraduate and graduate students. Services are provided online, by phone, and in person.
Learn more »


Email: Contact Form »
Phone: 780.492.3113
Toll-Free: 1.855.492.3113
Fax: 780.492.7172

If you need your CCID password reset, please call or visit us as we will need to verify your identity over the phone or in person.

Mailing Address:
Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6G 2M7

Office Hours (MST):
Monday - Tuesday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Thursday - Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.

Closed for all Canadian public holidays and other university closures.