Ask Student Connect

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Simply enter your question below and click "Ask."

Closest match to your question:

Can I submit certified copies of my documents?

We will accept a certified copy of your international documents if the issuing institution produces one official copy and will not send additional copies to universities. Documents issued in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official English translation. See International Documentation for more information.

Eligible certified true copies can be used for an admission evaluation. In the event that the original document is still listed as required on your Bear Tracks “To Do List” after you have received admission, you must present the original document upon your arrival on campus.

Certified true copies can be authorized by the issuing authority (e.g. a ministry of education office, your high school, college, or university), by a Notary Public, or a Canadian Embassy. Please note the Office of the Registrar reserves the right to verify the authenticity of certified copies and to refuse unverifiable and/or unauthentic certified copies.

How helpful was this answer?

Still haven't found the answer you're looking for?

Contact Student Connect using our online form.

Student Connect

Student Connect provides services from the Office of the Registrar to current and prospective undergraduate and graduate students. Services are provided online, by phone, and in person.
Learn more »


Email: Contact Form »
Phone: 780.492.3113
Toll-Free: 1.855.492.3113
Fax: 780.492.7172

If you need your CCID password reset, please call or visit us as we will need to verify your identity over the phone or in person.

Mailing Address:
Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6G 2M7

Office Hours (MST):
Monday - Tuesday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Thursday - Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.

Closed for all Canadian public holidays and other university closures.