Ask Student Connect

Find quick answers to FAQs about admissions and more!

Simply enter your question below and click "Ask."

Closest match to your question:

How do I get my original international documents back?

An irreplaceable document is a document that can only be issued once in a lifetime per person by a ministry of education (or other educational authority) or a document where another official copy cannot be obtained.

Any irreplaceable documents that you submit will be returned to you by registered mail, regular mail or in person at your request. Other documents become a permanent part of your University of Alberta record.

Documents are required as part of your University of Alberta record until an evaluation has been completed and an admission decision has been made.

If you would like to request that your irreplaceable document be returned via courier, you must contact Student Connect to request the Document Courier Request form. You can also request to receive your documents in-person at Student Connect. Please remember to bring your ONEcard or valid government-issued photo ID.

How helpful was this answer?

Still haven't found the answer you're looking for?

Contact Student Connect using our online form.

Student Connect

Student Connect provides services from the Office of the Registrar to current and prospective undergraduate and graduate students. Services are provided online, by phone, and in person.
Learn more »


Email: Contact Form »
Phone: 780.492.3113
Toll-Free: 1.855.492.3113
Fax: 780.492.7172

If you need your CCID password reset, please call or visit us as we will need to verify your identity over the phone or in person.

Mailing Address:
Administration Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6G 2M7

Office Hours (MST):
Monday - Tuesday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Thursday - Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.

Closed for all Canadian public holidays and other university closures.